Datamaran Joins Over 50 Banks in Endorsing the UNEP FI Principles For Responsible Banking
19 February 2019
Contact: Adriana Farenga
LONDON, Datamaran – the global leader in Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for non-financial risk management – has endorsed the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles For Responsible Banking along with 50 leading banks and other organizations.
“We welcome the Principles for Responsible Banking as clear and actionable guidance to make the financial system more transparent and efficient” – said CEO and Co-founder at Datamaran Marjella Lecourt-Alma. “For this reason, and based on our collaboration with the leaders in the banking sector, we are pleased to become an endorser of the Principles.”
Speaking further on the announcement, Lecourt-Alma commented: “Banks play a powerful part in Sustainable Development as they are the gatekeepers to funds that can priorities sustainable activities, which impact other sectors. As such, a financial system that understands and promotes the value of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues is pivotal for building corporate resilience and long-term orientation, which in turn generates better societal value.”
As the global leader in Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for non-financial risk management, Datamaran enables a business process for continuous issues monitoring, fully owned by the sustainability and risk teams.
“This process ultimately helps banks to improve transparency and accountability, impact and alignment. It also improves stakeholder engagement and monitoring as well as governance and target setting that are vital for enabling of the Principles.” – Lecourt-Alma explained.
Developed by 28 leading Banks, The Principles are currently out for global public consultation until May 2019 and will become available for signature in September 2019, during the United Nations General Assembly.
The second round of endorsers also includes Wema Bank, Caixa Bank, Banco Galicia, BBC Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar, Banco De Fomento Agropecuario, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust, Spare Bank, Arion Bank, Itaú Unibanco and Alexbank.
About The UNEP FI Principles For Responsible Banking:
The Principles were launched by the Founding Banks’ CEOs on 26 November 2018 in Paris at the UN Environment Finance Initiative’s biennial Global Roundtable and the 4th Climate Finance Day, under the patronage of the French President Emmanuel Macron.
The six Principles for Responsible Banking that banks commit to are:
- Alignment: We will align our business strategy to be consistent with and contribute to individuals’ needs and society’s goals, as expressed in the Sustainable Development Goals, the Paris Climate Agreement and relevant national and regional frameworks. We will focus our efforts where we have the most significant impact.
- Impact: We will continuously increase our positive impacts while reducing the negative impacts on, and managing the risks to, people and environment resulting from our activities, products and services.
- Clients & Customers: We will work responsibly with our clients and our customers to encourage sustainable practices and enable economic activities that create shared prosperity for current and future generations.
- Stakeholders: We will proactively and responsibly consult, engage and partner with relevant stakeholders to achieve society’s goals.
- Governance & Target-setting: We will implement our commitment to these Principles through effective governance and a culture of responsible banking, demonstrating ambition and accountability by setting public targets relating to our most significant impacts.
- Transparency & Accountability: We will periodically review our individual and collective implementation of these Principles and be transparent about and accountable for our positive and negative impacts and our contribution to society’s goals.
For more information about the Principles visit www.unepfi.org/banking/bankingprinciples
Datamaran is the global leader in Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for external risk management.
Datamaran enables a business process for continuous issues monitoring fully owned by the sustainability and risk teams. It harnesses technology to support decision-makers with an improved materiality analysis process – one that seamlessly integrates into Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and corporate strategy.
Datamaran’s global clientele of blue-chip companies have replaced the dated and expensive manual processes used for benchmarking, materiality and non-financial risk analysis as well as issues monitoring. The insights Datamaran users gather are used across multiple business teams (governance, risk, compliance, sustainability) to identify and monitor risks and opportunities and to inform corporate strategy.If you would like to learn more about Datamaran please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 2077029595.