May 15, 2018
Empowering businesses to engage
with sustainable finance and the SDGs
Marjella Alma, will be participating in ACCA– EBRD- Barclays, Empowering businesses to engage with sustainable finance and the SDGs, on the 15th of May 2018
There will be a lively discussion on the proposals from the European Commission Action plan and the alignment of business strategies and corporate reporting contribution in meeting the SDGs and sustainable finance objectives.
Marjella will be moderating the panel on “How corporate sustainability reporting frameworks are enabling businesses to engage with sustainable finance and the SDGs”, speakers participating in the panel are:
• Tom Verheye, Principal Adviser on Green Finance and Investment, DG Environment, European Commission
• Wim Bartels, Member of the TCFD and Deputy chair ESG Reporting Task Force, Accountancy Europe
• Andrea Valcalda, Head of Sustainability, ENEL
• Jonathan Labrey, Chief Strategy Officer, IIRC
April 21, 2018
Women Techmakers in Valencia
March 6th 2018
Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference
Women in Data Science (WiDS) is finally coming to London!
Dr. Lianet Sepúlveda Torres will take part in next week’s Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference – Tuesday 6th March in London.
This is a one-day technical conference to celebrate women in Data Science, following the WiDS London 2018 Launch Party on the 5th March.
Dr. Lianet will be speaking along side some of the most pioneering women in Data Science, including
- Elly Hardwick, Head of Innovation, Deutsche Bank
- Rebecca George OBE, Lead Partner, Public Sector, Deloitte LLP
- Carly Sutherland, Head of AI Programmes, RBS
February 1st 2018
FSI AWARDS FOR BEST SUSTAINABILITY REPORT– Montreal, Canada
Datamaran is sponsoring the annual competition organized by the Finance Sustainability Initiative (FSI). The event aims to promote excellence in sustainability reporting among Canadian companies. All companies that are part of the S&P/TSX Composite Index and have produced a sustainability report at September 30th are automatically eligible.
This competition is conducted in collaboration with university students who comprise the juries tasked with choosing the best sustainability report for each industry sector assessed.
For further information and ticket information, follow this link.
December 1st 2017
Webinar: Stock Exchanges & The SDGs – Driving the Demand for Transparency
- Sonia Favaretto, Managing Director Media Relations, Sustainability and Communications at B3, on; the importance of B3 having SDG-focused initiatives.
- Siobhan Cleary, Head of Research and Public Policy at the WFE, on; why the WFE established a Sustainability Working Group to find a smart balance between investor demand, company capability and market efficiency.
- Rebecca Self, CFO of Sustainable Finance at HSBC, on; how financial institutions can influence both the supply and demand for services and products that integrate the SDGs.
- Erin Levey, Head of Research & Investor Strategy at Datamaran, on; how data can help to link the SDGs with the investor use case.
The discussion will be moderated by Susanne Katus, VP Business Development at Datamaran, who will touch on how companies and investors worldwide are leveraging AI technology and big data analytics to more effectively embed the SDGs into decision-making.
November 21st 2017
Celebrating Female Entrepreneurs: Media, Communications & Brand Panel – London, UK
Hear from some of the leading experts in the sector and celebrate female entrepreneurship. The panel will be talking about their experience as women in business, and sharing their tips to success. It will be an opportunity to meet, network and learn from some of the leading innovators and entrepreneurs in the field of Media, Communications & Brand. Don’t miss out.
The moderator: ‘brand guru’ Rita Clifton CBE.
- Shruti Malani Krishnan, Co-founder of Powr of You
- Lucy Ward, Creative Director at Trouva
- Marjella Alma, CEO & Co-founder of Datamaran
- Emma Kane, CEO of Redleaf PR
- Allegra McEvedy MBE, writer, broadcaster and Co-founder of LEON
Ticket costs to be donated to MicroLoan Foundation to help a woman in Africa start a business to lift herself and her family out of poverty.
November 16th 2017
Roundtable: Navigating New Realities – Regulatory Risks On Your Horizon - Montreal, Canada
Blakes and Datamaran co-host a breakfast roundtable discussion in Montreal on recent developments in the field of non-financial ESG (environment, social and governance) reporting, specifically on four “hot” issues:
- Climate Change
- Supply Chain
- Cybersecurity/ Privacy
The format of the discussion will be a roundtable among industry leaders, with a view of eliciting active participation and a lively exchange of experiences and views on challenges facing businesses and best practices.
To set the stage, experts in relevant fields will chart and provide background information on recent developments.
The event is invite-only. Please get in touch to request an invitation.
Location: Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, Montréal, Quebec
This event is invitation only – but please let us know if you are interested in attending.
November 15th 2017
Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Continuously Evolving Materiality Assessments - Philadelphia, US
Datamaran CEO, Marjella Alma, will give a keynote on the third and final day of this year’s ‘New Metrics’ conference, hosted by Sustainable Brands.
Technological innovation is disrupting 21st century business models. It is transforming entire systems of production, management and governance, fundamentally altering the way companies engage with and are perceived by stakeholders. Coupled with the rising demand for more information on a company’s governance, strategic direction, operations and decisions by a wider set of stakeholders, this revolution requires an integrated, comprehensive and continuous response from business. Leveraging new forms of technology and Big Data analytics is one way to do this. Attend this talk to learn how some of the world’s leading companies are applying a data-driven approach to their materiality assessments and risk management processes – and how investors are digesting the same data to monitor non-financial performance.
One day or full conferences passes are still available.
November 2nd 2017
Nonprofit Board Leadership: A Pathway For Companies To Achieve – New York, US
Datamaran is taking part in a nonprofit board study directed by author Alice Korngold.
Susanne Katus, VP of Business Development in the Americas, will join corporate leaders from six multinational corporations (American Express, HP, Johnson Controls, PIMCO, Symantec, The Dow Chemical Company) and The World Environment Center.
The session will focus on:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Leadership Development
- The UN Sustainable Development Goals
The event will take place between 3-5 pm at PIMCO’s offices, 1633 Broadway. A drinks reception will follow.
This event is invitation only – but please let us know if you are interested in attending.
October 17-18th 2017
Ethical Corporation Sustainability Reporting & Communications Summit
Datamaran is delighted to announce that it has collaborated with Ethical Corporation as an event partner for the Sustainability Reporting & Communications Summit 2017
Marjella Alma, CEO and Co-founder of Datamaran will give the Summit’s keynote on total impact. Alma will discuss the opportunity for modern businesses to leverage advanced data analytics to drive impact reporting and resiliency.
Alma will be joined by sustainability heads from Puma, Siemens and Land Securities.
In London and interested in attending? We have a significant £300 discount code for you:
October 16th 2017
Datamaran Launch: Version 3 – London, UK
Join us for drinks and festivities to celebrate the launch of Datamaran 3 on Monday the 16th of October from 3 – 6 pm.
Datamaran is the leading solution for non-financial risk management, serving corporates, investors, and consultants. The insights help users to identify emerging global risks with real-time big data.
This event will be an opportunity to catch a first glimpse at the latest innovation and new features of Datamaran 3. This will also be a great opportunity to meet and greet new and old acquaintances in an informal and friendly setting.
We have a couple of great speakers joining us:
- John Elkington, Executive Chairman & Co-Founder, Volans
- Sandra Schoonhoven, Head of Marketing Sustainability, ING
- Michael Yamoah, Manager – Sustainability, Global Insights & Data Scientist, Bechtel
- Eric Pfanner, Editor, Bloomberg (Moderator)
The event will be situated at Keystone Law’s Chancery Lane office – 48 Chancery Lane. Chancery Lane is 5-10 minutes from Ethical Corporation’s Awards dinner by taxi or walking.
Tickets to the drinks are limited, so confirmation will be sent via email ahead of the event.
October 3rd 2017
Make Reporting Strategic Again – Paris, France
Your reporting is more useful than ever. Modern technologies enable us today to fully exploit it, freeing ourselves from the most tedious tasks to concentrate on the most strategic lessons.
UTOPIES will present its exclusive partnership with Datamaran. This led to a first joint study which covered nearly 400 French reports: CSR reports, activity reports, and integrated reports. From Datamaran, Dr. Donato Calace will provide insight into the results of this analysis, and other trends in non financial disclosure.
What do they reveal about the actual sustainability of the business model business? What future evolutions will meet the new uses of this information by a non-expert audience? What use by the Financial and Risk Departments?
We invite you to participate in this morning of discussion in a simple, concrete and positive way. You will hear the results of our research as well as our vision of strategic reporting, and collect your experiences and insight in this area.
Participation to this event is free but subject to registration. To register, email: email@example.com
September 27th 2017
The New Realities of Risk Management: Integrating ESG Into ERM – Webinar
21st century business models are drastically changing. You face a rising demand for more extensive corporate governance information, and a wider set of stakeholders expect insight on a company’s strategic direction. Meanwhile, technological innovation continues to disrupt your industry.
These trends are transforming systems of management, and fundamentally altering the way your company engages with and is perceived by stakeholders. This revolution requires a more integrated, data-centric and continuous response from business.
In this webinar, we’ll explore the new realities that your company has to address. You’ll gain insight into why a more integrated business model is necessary to ensure resilience and how big data analytics and technology can help.
Hear from the following thought leaders on how they are proactively responding to these demands by integrating non financial issues with risk management efforts:
- Antoni Ballabriga, Global Head of Responsible Business, BBVA
- Sandy Nessing, Managing Director Corporate Sustainability, AEP
- Uday Gupta, Managing Director, Mahindra Sanyo Special Steel
- Maeva Devienne, Director of Customer Success, Datamaran
- Donato Calace, Director of Innovation, Datamaran (Moderator)
September 25th 2017
The SDGs & Digitalization Roundtable – Munich
Together with Munich Airport, we are delighted to bring together key decision makers for an exclusive roundtable to discuss the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the path forward, with a key focus on the German market.
The discussion will explore how companies can use the digital revolution to inspire their SDG strategy and unlock business opportunity. Join us to talk about responsible business.
- Christina Berghäuser, SDG Strategy & Corporate Development, Munich Airport/Flughafen München
- Angela Onslow, Data Scientist, Datamaran
- Neil Stevenson, Managing Director – Global Implementation, IIRC
- Carolien Gadella-van Wersch (Moderator), Director of Business Development, Datamaran
- Verena Cordes, Project Manager Strategy /Sustainability, Siemens
September 21st 2017
Data Analytics for Sustainable Development - Montreal, Canada
Director of Customer Success at Datamaran, Maeva Devienne, will speak at Deloitte’s exclusive breakfast conference that will address the application of data analytics to sustainable development.
The event will take place on Thursday 21st of September, and begin with Valérie Bécaert, Director of Partnerships at the Institute of Data Valorization (IVADO). Valérie will kick off the event by speaking about emerging trends in data analytics and artificial intelligence (IA).
Then, Maeva Devienne will present examples of AI application to identify the global themes of sustainable development.
Lastly, Jérôme Petigny, Risk Advisory Manager at Deloitte, will present examples of businesses that are using data analytics and data visualization to guide their sustainable development actions.
June 12th 2017
SDGs Reporting Training - Toronto Stock Exchange
An interactive training program for sustainability professionals to learn how to integrate the SDGs into your company’s sustainability report.
There have been a lot of queries, particularly in this reporting season, from our corporate sustainability network on how to embed the SDGs into sustainability reports and how to report on your current and future SDG-related activities.
We are excited to be part of this full-day training at Toronto Stock Exchange to celebrate the first inaugural SDGs Reporting Training. This training session is to provide you an opportunity to learn from industry leaders and experts on how to report on the SDGs through an interactive learning experience with your peers.
- Susanne Katus, VP Business Development (Datamaran)
- Maeva Devienne, Customer Success Manager (Datamaran)
- Helle Bank Jorgensen, President (Global Compact Network Canada) and CEO (B.Accountability)
- Geoff Pegg, Director of Sustainability (TELUS)
- Elena Perez Vega, Manager Corporate and Stakeholder Relations (Global Reporting Initiative)
- Cara Williams, Chief Advisor of International Relations (Statistics Canada)
May 30th - 2017
Webinar: Reporting on the SDGs: What Do Investors Need to Know?
Join us for this important webinar.
This webinar will explore how companies can demonstrate to investors their commitments to the UN Sustainable Development Goals – and highlight what investors need to know. Investor demands for corporate transparency on the SDGs are on the rise. But while there is growing interest, there is little understanding of how to invest in these themes – and how companies can attract these investments.
What do investors really need to know, and how can companies effectively communicate this? Our expert panel will give their perspective on this topical issue and take questions from the audience.
- Heike Reichelt – Head of Investor Relations and New Products at Capital Markets Department, World Bank
- Martina Macpherson – Global Head of ESG Indices Product Management at S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Nando van Kleefe – Senior Advisor Responsible Investment & Governance at MN
- Geoffrey Burger, CFA – Owner and Portfolio Manager at Culture Capital
- Ariel Meyerstein – Senior Vice President, Corporate Sustainability Program at Citi
May 3rd - 2017 : 3.00pm to 3.45pm
Enhanced Datamaran Ontology - Client Only Webinar
Join us for this client-only webinar on Datamaran’s enhanced ontology.
Hear from Jérôme Basdevant, CTO, and Donato Calace, ESG Research Manager, on how the ontology continually adapts to and reflects market developments. Learn about the inclusion of new geopolitical and technology topics and expanded scope of existing topics.
April 5th & 6th - 2017
Webinar: Continuous Materiality Assessments Powered by Datamaran
Join us for this client-only webinar.
Hear from our Customer Success Managers Maeva Devienne and Leonardo Gutson, formerly consultants with Deloitte and KPMG, respectively, and discover:
- How you can move from a once-a-year materiality assessment to a more continuous, evidence-based approach with Datamaran.
- How the Strategic Issues Radar (launching early April) helps you to automatically map key issues to the UN SDGs and other frameworks, assess your coverage and compare this with peers.
The webinar will be hosted in both English and Spanish at separate times.
Registration links will be sent via the client newsletter.
April 4th - 2017 : 2.30pm to 3.45pm
Gender Equality Forum - Toronto
Hear from our VP of Business Development, Susanne Katus, as she facilitates a session at this year’s Global Compact Network Canada’s event on gender equality titled Demystifying gender quotas. The session will focus on:
- The legal perspective to gender quotas and if they are effective and necessary?