eRevalue Ltd (“we“) are committed to protecting and respecting your data and privacy.
By accessing and using services offered by eRevalue Limited from time to time (including Datamaran® and related products, together the “Service”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is eRevalue Ltd of 14 Gowers Walk, The Loom, Suite 4.8, London, England, E1 8PY.
DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The Data includes the following information about you that we may collect and process:
Data you give us. You may give us Data about you and your business and operations:
- in order to set up your Authorised User account to access the Service;
- when you use the Service (including submitting content to the Service);
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise including when you use our support services.
The Data you give us may include your name, work e-mail address, username and password, job title and position, as well as information relating to your business and operations. If you pay for the Service by payment card, we will also require your financial and credit card information, however this is not held directly by us, only by our chosen payment provider.
Data we collect about you. With regard to your use of the Service we may automatically collect (and you consent to us accessing and collecting) the following Data:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your use of the Service, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Service (including date and time); elements you viewed or words you searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits, interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- analytics such as server monitoring tools to monitor the status of our APIs and the type and volume of calls being made to them.
Data we receive from other sources.
- We may receive Data from publicly available sources (such as SEC filings, sustainability reports, annual shareholder reports, CSR reports, Corporate Governance reports, legislation, regulatory guidance, news features and, social media content) and subscription-based information and/or media services.
- We may work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, payment providers) and may receive information about you from them.
- We may receive Data about you if you use any other websites we may operate or other services we provide from time to time. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that Data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected in relation to the Service.
USES MADE OF THE DATA
We use Data held about you in the following ways:
Data you give to us. We will use only use this information:
- to carry out our obligations to you and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us (including the Service).
- to improve your experience of, and to enhance, the Service provided to you, but not directly to alter other users’ experience of the Service. This means that we will not share non-publicly available information provided by you with other users of the Service unless you have expressly authorised us to do so.
- to notify you about changes to the Service and about other services we offer that are similar or related to the Service.
- in the case of non-public Data relating to your business or operations, for the purposes of general analysis and research and in order to produce industry commentary, provided that we may only disclose it outside eRevalue in anonimised, aggregated or otherwise de-identified form.
Data we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Datamaran® platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Data we receive from other sources.
- We use Data received from publicly available sources and subscription-based information services in the provision of the Service to you and to other users of the Service.
- In relation to Data from sources other than publicly available and subscription services, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
In order to provide our services to you, we may share Data with (i) any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) and (ii) business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
We may also share non-public Data as part of research or commentary released by us, provided that such Data is in aggregated or other de-identified form.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if eRevalue Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by regarding its customers and their authorised users will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of eRevalue Ltd, our customers, their authorised users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE DATA
All Data you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted by our payment provider using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to eRevalue; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if we intend to use your Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email@example.com].
eRevalue may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.