A view on ESG disclosure: Datamaran speaks to Evan Harvey
24 June 2019
Datamaran recently hosted our User Forum at Wrigley Hall, on the ASU Tempe Campus, Phoenix.
Entitled ‘Decoding your industry’s future,’ the exclusive event gave our community the opportunity to meet other Datamaran users and exchange ideas and best practice on benchmarking, materiality analysis and issues monitoring. It also gave us the chance to catch up with some of the key players in sustainability, such as Evan Harvey, Nasdaq’s Global Head of Sustainability.
We spoke to Evan about:
- The top trends in ESG in 2019
- How the materiality process will evolve
- Whether there’s a gap between investors’ demand and companies’ disclosure
- What investors are looking for in corporate non-financial disclosure
- The most pressing non-financial issues investors would like to see addressed by companies
- How corporations can drive their materiality analysis process further
- The role of tech in improving ESG performance.
To find out Evan’s views on these key issues and his impressions of the live User Forum, watch our interview above.
More on Nasdaq and Datamaran
‘The intersection of materiality and ESG: a foundation for business excellence’ – read the key takeaways from the co-hosted workshop by Nasdaq and Datamaran. Attendees include: the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas Asset Management, ING, Chevron and more.
With investors increasingly requiring companies to disclose on how they are managing non-financial risks, we are pleased to be cited by Nasdaq’s ESG Reporting Guide 2.0. It includes the latest third-party reporting methodologies widely adopted by the industry, and helps companies navigate the evolving standards on ESG data disclosure.